Friday, March 23, 2012

...lil sidebar with the lil munchkins...

...sub teaching again and a 6th grader asked if I used milk in my tea...I was caught of guard...told her that was quite a personal question......she persisted and i said, "Somtimes I use milk in my tea, but not lately...I'm out of milk"...

...been raising my voice more often...I have had too...the munchkins were acting up too much...and I have never been someone that walked around with a foot up...so putting my foot down was not an option...so I gave one dude the 'act your age'...and he responded, "I am"...he got me on that one, but I chose to act my age (which has no definition at 24) and counterresponded with the knockout punch of, "no your not"...sibling fights at age 8 flash back...

...actually threw out 3 punks this week for throwing paper balls...it had nothing to do with throwing paper balls being inappropiate or the possibility of someone getting hurt...these dudes were leading with their elbows too much...and throwing like Carl Lewis throws out a first pitch shall not be tolerated in my middle school classrooms...

...I started to ponder…yeah…what?...didn’t think I was sophisticated enough to ponder…you better recognize…moving on…or at least I am……started pondering how these middle school kids acted…I couldn’t believe the way they were acting…but I pondered on and realized I once told a teacher that she “sucked”……and this led me to tell these middle school students that I understand they were in 6th grade and were going to act up occasionally…I gave them the ‘I was in 6th grade once too’ and they gave the mocking ‘we can’t believe that’…this followed with me saying that I understand they were going to act up…maybe even act a foo once in awhile…but told them they just didn’t bring it like we used to bring it…point being…they needed to be more creative…more creative during silent reading than looking up at me ever 5 seconds and then hiding behind the book to pretend they were reading the upside-down book…although told them I was impressed they were learning how to read books upside-down that early…I didn’t learn that until college when I was mentally upside-down…

…I told them it was amazing how they just get up for no apparent reason…they just get out of their seat…I tell them to sit down…five minutes later they get up and I ask them why are they out of their seat…they look to the ceiling for the answer, shrug their shoulders and sit back down……you also see many of these kids get up and walk across the room, appearing sober…but then trip and fall on their face for no reason……some may look like they actually hurt themselves and will achieve my concern…if you get my concern…that is an achievement…so you gain my concern but the apparently hurt child just starts laughing like he were the Clinton that did inhale……then you’ve got the kids that are just walking…fall for no reason…and don’t appear to have hurt a thing…but act like Lawrence Taylor just tried to knock some candy from the munchkin…that gives me the Q to become an actor and pretend concern…followed by me telling the kid to get over it…

...Middle School...the school where all the female students look like the Dallas Mavericks powerforward - - Dirk Nowitzki...

No comments:

Post a Comment